We're a technology company.
Our management team has a number of international companies under management related to telecommunications, mining and other businesses.
We've always done things based around merit and logic and we're looking to build a culture that rewards initiative, hard work and ingenuity. We are looking for passion.
Cebu is our headquarters and you can expect to work with exposure to other countries, your ideas and execution will ensure your career is as rewarding as what you put in. You'll be rewarded fairly and we'll try to do what we can to make your job easier with a fast workstation and a purpose-built and designed office environment complete with professional kitchen and meals.
For this role we would like a computer science graduate who reads all the manuals but can still ninja their way to a good outcome. The system environment is varied and so some time has to be spent on desktops but the bulk of the work is administering services, virtual, network applicanes and SANs across 3-4 datacentre locations and 1-2 office locations. A focus on high availability, proper change controls and responsiveness to the rest of the engineering team and userbase is key, while clear communication and a mature attitude will result in stakeholder happiness. This role most of all would suit someone who prides themselves on uptime and fault tolerance and has the background to prove they can maintain complex systems with 5 9's of uptime.
Job responsibilities include, but aren't limited to:
- Manage the day-to-day administration and operations for our linux based production environment
- Effectively manage the long-term needs of our production environment by monitoring their availability, performance and capacity while working towards improving these areas
- Ensure all maintenance, upgrades, patches and security best practice are followed
- Work with our application development engineers so their infrastructure/environment needs are met
- Respond to monitoring events and provide 24/7 on-call technical escalation for outage and priority situations
- Perform daily tasks, verifying the integrity and availability of all server resources,systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
- Perform as part of a international 24/7 outage support group
Skills and experience required:
- Demonstrated experience implementing, troubleshooting and supporting Linux, internet based applications and web servers, virtualisation, SANs
- Expert knowledge in configuration management for linux (CentOS preferred) e.g. chef/puppet
- Expert in bash scripting and GNU core utils e.g. sed, awk, (other scripts an advantage eg ksh/tcl etc)
- Documentation and clear concise communication e.g. root cause analysis reports
- Exposure to a 24/7/365 production environment
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple vendors
- Demonstrable ability to lead ad-hoc projects across multi-functional IT teams
- Strong communication skills, resourceful and self-motivated
- Preferred also a proven db tuner or networking guru, or relevant certifications e.g. RHCE, VCP etc.
- Tertiary degree in a computer related discipline and/or considerable proven experience in relevant activities
Your first tasks will be:
- Familiarise yourself with the systems environment
- Identify and undertake some staged projects to be put into production
- Liaise with our architecture team and gain their trust and confidence